Reset Password On-Prem User

epoveda_ac
New Contributor

Hi, 

I've been offline during few weeks without using OneStream on my localhost application, and now, when I try to connect to my localhost again, I can't login: 

epoveda_ac_0-1724068315248.png

Of course, I don't change my password during these weeks. How can I reset my password? Or anyone had the same issue? 

Thanks in advance for any tip. 

Regards,

Eduardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IftaqarAhmed
New Contributor III

To re-enable the administrator account in OneStream, you can run the following command on the Framework database.

update SecUser
set EncryptedPassword = '' -- No spaces
where Name = 'Administrator';

Caution: Before you proceed, it’s wise to back up the database to avoid any issues. This should only be done in a local or lab environment—do not perform this in a real or live environment. Making changes directly to the database can sometimes lead to unexpected results.

After running this, you should be able to set a new password when you log in next.

Regards,

Iftaqar

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

IftaqarAhmed
New Contributor III

To re-enable the administrator account in OneStream, you can run the following command on the Framework database.

update SecUser
set EncryptedPassword = '' -- No spaces
where Name = 'Administrator';

Caution: Before you proceed, it’s wise to back up the database to avoid any issues. This should only be done in a local or lab environment—do not perform this in a real or live environment. Making changes directly to the database can sometimes lead to unexpected results.

After running this, you should be able to set a new password when you log in next.

Regards,

Iftaqar

Please sign in! epoveda_ac