Workflow Security settings

OS_Love
New Contributor III

Hi,

I need to know if I can put security to individual entities assigned to WF so that whoever has access to certain entities can only load/transform/validate for those entities and not all the assigned entities of the WF.

Or,creating individual WF per entity is the way to go.

2 REPLIES 2

SamRichards
Contributor

Hey GouravM,

I would recommend setting up different workflows to accomplish this. The workflow should be setup to be an end users individual process within OneStream. The exception to this as far as a load goes is a bulk load where all the entities are loaded but usually the user that has access to that workflow has access to all entities.

Thanks,

Sam

chul
Contributor III

I echo Sam's recommendation. However, I wouldn't go as far as setting up a WF for each entity as you originally suggested. It would be a WF per person so if someone is responsible for five entities, one WF would be sufficient.

You're ultimately trying to avoid multiple users being in the same WF step hitting the same data unit at the same time. When WFs are set up for multiple users, this situation happens much more frequently than you'd think it would. This is why we recommend setting up WFs by user/responsibility.

cds