how to extract a database from a OneStream application

Ashley_Blake
New Contributor

I need to copy one application to another, for that I am wondering if i need to go to the OneStream SQL server and extract a database ( or database schema), and if so how would i do this?

The goal is to extract the entire data of an application to import it in another app

6 REPLIES 6

MarkBird
Contributor II

Hi Ashley, is this a cloud hosted application?

If so, it is really simple with the Cloud Administration Tools market place solution.

Hi Mark, 

It is actually On-Prem, and with this in mind im not sure how to copy the app database across SQL instances, which is something I saw mentioned previously. 

MarkBird
Contributor II

I have done this before, but I'm not entirely clear on the sequence of steps... From what I remember you need to do the following:

1) Do a full copy of the application database

2) Update the information in the SystemInfo table

- you need to update the TextValue  in the record that I have highlighted below with a new guid

- Also update the TextValue column for rows 1 and 5 to the new application name

MarkBird_0-1699516079065.png

3) Create the application reference

Note, I haven't done this in a while so it may be worth reaching out to OneStream for an official list of steps.

Mark 

It will also be bit more involved if you are using BiBlend...The best would probably be to purge the StageBiBlend Table and re-run all you BiBlend Loads

Thanks Mark, I will try this and let you know how it goes. I have also contacted OneStream to get their advice also. 

... Or just use the Onestream Database Configuration Utility, which has an option to rename the app that includes recreating the ID. Simply connect to the database once it's been restored in the target environment.