Add cash in the beginning and the end of period from the BS into the CF.

alexokt
New Contributor

Hi, we have been working to build our Cash flow report and would need to include an account from the Balance sheet into the cube view report. We would need to include ''cash and cash equivalents at the beginning of the period'' and ''cash and cash equivalents at the period end''.
Is this possible to include? When I tried to, I got no values from the BS account into the cube.
If so, how would i proceed?
Thank you! 

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's absolutely possible, but we lack enough detail on your application structure to be able to suggest anything. You would have to post, as a minimum, a screenshot of the cube view row that doesn't work and another of your Account in the Dimension Library - in particular the actual Name property, since what you mention is likely the Description text. Post those and we may or may not be able to suggest something.

Note that, even with the right details in the CV, it's entirely possible that you won't get any numbers displayed, because the cells' Point Of View might not point towards the intersections with actual data - which depend on the specific of your data loads and calculation formulas. Your implementation partner should have provided you with some basic training and information about this sort of activity; if that's not the case, I would suggest to follow a few basic courses on Navigator, like "Getting Started With OneStream" and "Building Basic Reports", to familiarize yourself with how OneStream stores data and how to display such data with Cube Views.