Adding a sparkline to a Cubeview

bisenhart
New Contributor II

Hi there - I'm looking to add a sparkline image at the end of my cube view / page. The cube view trends 13 months of actuals. How can I add this?

10 REPLIES 10

T_Kress
Contributor

To add a chart or graph in OneStream, you will need to do it through a dashboard component such as one of the following:

T_Kress_0-1701108380609.png

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

bisenhart
New Contributor II

I dont have those "chart" add-on feature's (still need to be installed). Is there any other option to add it?

There is nothing to "install".  You can access or set up a new chart by following these steps:

1. Go to Application tab
  2. Go to Dashboards page
  3. Create a new Dashboard Maintenance Unit
  4. Click the "Create Dashboard Component" button and choose which component you with to create

More info can be found on OneStream Navigator or various courses on Dashboarding.

Teresa C. Kress

bisenhart
New Contributor II

Sorry, I dont see "Create Dashboard Component" in the options below: Did I miss it?dashboard.PNG

You need to be inside a DMU (Dashboard Maintenance Unit) and then this button will NOT be greyed out:

T_Kress_0-1701112184043.png

Teresa C. Kress

bisenhart
New Contributor II

That worked! thanks! I chose the feature, "Charts Advanced" can you guide me where I go from here?dashboard2.PNG

The next steps would be to:

1. Set up a data adaptor that refers to your cube view as the "Command Type
  2. Use that data adaptor on your dashboard component

For any more info you will want to go to OneStream Navigator or attend one of the advanced dashboarding courses that gets in to setting up charts and graphs.

Teresa C. Kress

bisenhart
New Contributor II

Thanks! I dont know how to set up a data adapter so maybe an advanced course will work. How often do those courses happen?

Please visit the OneStream Training link here to see offerings:

Training - OneStream Software

Teresa C. Kress

I'd also suggest the new Dashboards book. On some things it's a bit more up-to-date than the courses, at the present time - although the Dashboards and BiBlend classes do cover Data Adapters a bit more in depth than the book.