Adjust single variable in Quick View for one line only

tedetherington
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am building a Quick View with the columns Account, Flow and UD5 - for UD5 I want "TG304" for all rows other than when the flow is "MVTCALC".  Is it possible to have this level of variance in the QV?

Top UD5.jpg

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

You can get the data you are looking for, but without the ud5 column. If this is not an issue, you can use multidimensional statements for the Flow filter including the ud5 specification.

The Flow Filter setting would look like this: F#pycybal:Ud5#TG304, ..., F#fxint:Ud5#tg304, F#MVTCALC:Ud5#Top, F#clbalinp:Ud5#TG304

with the name keyword, |MFFlow|, |MFUd5| or |MFFlowDesc|, |MFUd5Desc| , you even can show a combined row header: F#pycybal:Ud5#TG304:name(|MFFlow| - |MFUd5|), ..., F#fxint:Ud5#tg304:name(|MFFlow| - |MFUd5|), F#MVTCALC:Ud5#Top:name(|MFFlow| - |MFUd5|), F#clbalinp:Ud5#TG304:name(|MFFlow| - |MFUd5|)

I don't have your metadata, but it would look like this:

ChristianW_1-1694606059867.png

But if you hard code it like this, why not convert the quickview to functions and then just replace the mvtcalc formula's pov with Ud5#top?

ChristianW_0-1694605720678.png

I hope this helps and cheers

Christian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kenostrovsky
New Contributor II

I am pretty certain that is not possible. One option around this would be to use XF formulas to pull data into excel. That way you would have complete flexibility on the dimension used for each row.  Another is a separate QuickView for MVTCALC Flow member. I agree - both are not the most convenient solutions.

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

You can get the data you are looking for, but without the ud5 column. If this is not an issue, you can use multidimensional statements for the Flow filter including the ud5 specification.

The Flow Filter setting would look like this: F#pycybal:Ud5#TG304, ..., F#fxint:Ud5#tg304, F#MVTCALC:Ud5#Top, F#clbalinp:Ud5#TG304

with the name keyword, |MFFlow|, |MFUd5| or |MFFlowDesc|, |MFUd5Desc| , you even can show a combined row header: F#pycybal:Ud5#TG304:name(|MFFlow| - |MFUd5|), ..., F#fxint:Ud5#tg304:name(|MFFlow| - |MFUd5|), F#MVTCALC:Ud5#Top:name(|MFFlow| - |MFUd5|), F#clbalinp:Ud5#TG304:name(|MFFlow| - |MFUd5|)

I don't have your metadata, but it would look like this:

ChristianW_1-1694606059867.png

But if you hard code it like this, why not convert the quickview to functions and then just replace the mvtcalc formula's pov with Ud5#top?

ChristianW_0-1694605720678.png

I hope this helps and cheers

Christian

Thanks Christian - this is just what I'm after. The reason I don't want to use XFGetCells as I want the account list to remain "live" and pull through any new or updated accounts.

Thanks again for your help.

Please sign in! tedetherington