Advanced chart with two data adapters

oanamihai
New Contributor II

Hello,

I need to create an advanced chart which shows two data bars, each bar is taken from a different cube view.

I have tried to add the two Data Adapters which are each based on its own cube view, but the chart is displaying only data from the first cube. Is this possible by using the cube views data adapters or is it needed to create a business rule or something else?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

First, I would ping Support to know whether two Data Adapters on one Advanced Chart is a supported thing at all (I genuinely don't know).

Second, if it's not supported, I would consider using a Dashboard DataSet rule to mesh the two datasets. You can have a look at this blog post for inspiration (although it covers a different use case, and you might want to alter your DataTables in a different way). You can retrieve the same records you'd get from the existing adapters by using the function BRApi.Dashboards.Process.GetAdoDataSetForAdapter, or you can extract cubeview records in another manner by using the excellent (if woefully undocumented) BRApi.Import.Data.FdxExecuteCubeView and FdxExecuteCubeViewTimePivot.