BI Viewer - linking with Cube Views

ajackett
New Contributor III

Hi all, 

I am building a dashboard that will be used by the Statutory Reporting team with 4 high level Group Balance Sheet checks (including BS = $0.00, IC = $0.00 etc etc). 

The users want to see a snapshot of the checks on the main dashboard . I have created these (Screenshot 1 with placeholders in there) using Cards in BI viewer and leveraging off the Cube View MD data adapter. They also want to be able to drill into the card to bring up the cube view to further review any balances. I was hoping the Card could be used as a button to open the cube view, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. Is it possible? If not, what are the best options to show checks like below with one specific number so that it shows as button?

ajackett_0-1695905176076.png

My second query, is in relation to showing the filtering the data in the BI viewer. The cards above link to a cube view which has rows as E#TotGroup.base and columns as C#Local,AUD,EUR,USD,NZD. The card itself only needs to show E#TotGroup and C#Local. How can I setup the cards so that the E# and C# members are embedded as a filter and only show those, rather than adding a combo box for users to select? My other option is creating a second cube view for the card for just E#TotGroup and C#Local, but I would prefer to have just 1 cube view to use. 

Thanks for your help

Andrew

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bi Viewer is great and all, but is it's own little world; it doesn't trigger Dashboard Actions like other components. To look at raw data, you can right-click and select Inspect Data; but the table you get there may or may not be human-readable, depending on the specific Data Adapter.

If you want more control, you have to stick with traditional components. In your case, you could rebuild those cards as State Indicators. Here's a very rough example configuration for one:

JackLacava_0-1696235301345.png

Result:

JackLacava_1-1696235332207.png

ajackett
New Contributor III

Thanks for that Jack. I'll have a play around with this component and see how it goes 👍

ajackett
New Contributor III

@JackLacava I have successfully created a Lamp state indicator which pulls in my BS check value. However, there doesn't seem to be any way to use the lamp indicator with an action to open the cube view - is this possible? If not, then it seems to have the same limitations as the BI Viewer cards. 

Thanks 

Yes, sorry, i forgot the second half of the technique, which is to couple that with an icon-only Button (for example 🔍 ) to trigger the drilldown. To be fair, a similar approach can be taken with BiViewer, it just tends to be a little more disjointed (because you can have a button for each indicator, rather than one for the entire row of cards).