BI Viewer - sync 2nd Y-Axis

SarahW
New Contributor II

I have a bar and line chart (line being the 2nd Y-Axis).  I want to sync the two scales; Anyone know how to do that?  I did not see an option to sync and looking for guidance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The secondary axis is meant to highlight similar trends on a different scale, not to replicate the original one. If you want both datasets on the same scale, just deselect the "Plot on secondary axis" option and they should "merge" on the same scale on the left.

Open the options for the dataset currently plotted on the right axis:

JackLacava_0-1664463826236.png

Then deselect the option and click Ok:

JackLacava_1-1664463843491.png

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "sync". Can you post a few screenshots of your settings and outcomes, to clarify...?

SarahW
New Contributor II

Hello Jack.  I am just trying to get the same scale on the both of the Y axis.  The black line is similar to a budget.  It looks like the sales are below budget based on the graph, but there a few periods that are above budget.  If I can get them on the same scale then the black line would move down and thus the pic would show some periods above budget.  does that make sense? 

SarahW_0-1664460878016.png

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The secondary axis is meant to highlight similar trends on a different scale, not to replicate the original one. If you want both datasets on the same scale, just deselect the "Plot on secondary axis" option and they should "merge" on the same scale on the left.

Open the options for the dataset currently plotted on the right axis:

JackLacava_0-1664463826236.png

Then deselect the option and click Ok:

JackLacava_1-1664463843491.png

Hope that helps!

SarahW
New Contributor II

Thank  you.  That is what I needed.  I thought I needed to plot it as a second axis (had to do that on other BI applications).  I worked just as you said.  Greatly appreciate the help!