BI Viewer

ryannelissa
New Contributor III

I am using the BI Viewer to display bars for actual data and a line for the budget/target.

My issue is when I split the values into two groups the items in my legend are doubling. So I see each one once for the budget line (even though all intersections are 0 but one) and once for actuals. I have tried using the filter through the graph as well as creating a calculated field to filter what I want out before I get to the graph but still the legend is doubling. 
Does anyone know how I can remove unwanted items from the legend? The graph is showing exactly how I want it to it is just the legend that is the problem.

Thanks! 

11 REPLIES 11

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not sure i understand the problem; could you post a few screenshots? Like what your datasource fields look like, how the chart is configured, what you are getting...

NickHymes
New Contributor III

Is the problem that when you split the values instead of it properly allocating it is still showing the total as if it rolled up to the parent but doubles it?

thanks,

nick hymes

archetype consulting 

The data source is a Cube view with Time in Columns, a row for actuals by region (UD3), and a row for UD3 Top Budget.  

I have two calculated fields in the BI Viewer: 
Pulling Budget at top:
Iif([UD3]='Top',[Amount],0)

Pulling Actuals at UD3 Parents:
Iif([UD3]<>'Top',[Amount],0)

But even though the regions only have a value for Actuals it is showing in the Legend for Actuals and Budget. As I mentioned the chart itself is accurate, but the Legend is very busy showing data intersections that I would think are filtered out by my calculated fields. 

I also tried without the calculated fields and doing the filter on the Value in the Pane but that had the same result. 

Essentially, I am trying to get the circled items below removed from the legend. 

ryannelissa_3-1688394403760.png

Calculated Fields are not filters. What you are doing there is just setting values to zero, but the data points (the records) are still there, hence they show up in legend.

What you want is to go in the Data tab on the ribbon, click "Edit filter", and set a filter to exclude the stuff you don't need. If that doesn't work, your filter is not set properly or you have records that match the filter and you don't realize it (or we have a bug, which is always possible, but the point is: what you want is filters, not calculated fields).

Can you try that and then post your filters if it doesn't work?

That was what I tried initially but that didn't work so tried doing as the calculated field. Here is with the filters on the values, you can see below the 'hoover' legend looks good but the legend at the top still is including two of each. 

ryannelissa_0-1688399268384.png

Can you show us the actual filter?

If we can't see any problem there, then it becomes something you should file with Support.

ryannelissa_0-1688646594367.png

ryannelissa_1-1688646617607.png

I would try to use

Not Contains([UD3], 'Top')

Just to check that it isn't an issue with hidden spaces or bugged equality.

Also, right-click on the chart and select Inspect Data, making sure that there is no line for Top.

If you do all of that and it still shows up, it could well be a defect you have to speak about with Support. I'm testing on v.7.4.1 and don't see that behavior.

julieta
New Contributor III

I have the same problem.

julieta_0-1693339176158.png

@JackLacava  this is the example, graph shows the 4 things i need, combined,  but i got extra labels.

thanks!

As I mentioned in the thread above, try using a filter with "not Contains". If that doesn't work, get in touch with Support.

julieta
New Contributor III

I tried and i have a ticket opened. Will keep you posted!