Bi Viewer Chart - Do not display specific values

Colin
New Contributor II

Hi All,

similar to this post: https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Reporting/BI-Viewer-Creating-a-clustered-column-line-char... I have created a chart with bars and a line on a secondary y-axis. I also used the method to form the secondary y-axis: Iif(StartsWith([Account]), 'Sales'), [Amount], 0)

The problem now is that the bars are getting thinner by drawing in the 0 values and also the legend is overloaded by the 0 values. So I wanted to ask if there is a way to filter out these 0 values and not display them?

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can apply a filter.

1. Drag the Amount column into the Hidden Dimensions area, so it can be used in filters
    JackLacava_0-1685437198145.png
  2. Open the filter for the actual Data item, by clicking on the black triangle
    JackLacava_1-1685437224887.png
  3. Type the condition in the lower area, or use the buttons in the top area
    JackLacava_0-1685437522108.png

Colin
New Contributor II

Hi Jack,

thanks for your answer. In my dropdown menu I don´t have the option to choose the 'Edit Filter' as you can see int the image. I only have the option to use the Edit Filter via the Data Tab at the top. But then the bars of the selected account is not shown either. Also trying to type the full name shown in the legend like this in the filter doesn´t work:

[Account] <> 'Sales - Total sales - EBIT Account (Sum)'

Filter.png

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ribbon or menu makes no difference if you only have one filter on the page. If you have multiple ones (i.e. the ribbon looks like what shown below), then the one from the menu will affect only that widget, and it should appear fine.

JackLacava_0-1685699990478.png

If you want to apply a single page-wide filter, but only to certain widgets, you can enter it with the Edit Filter button, then select (one by one) the widgets that shouldn't be affected, and click "Ignore Master Filters".

For syntax, refer to the "Filter Data" section in the "Onestream BI Viewer Design and Reference Guide" pdf, available in the main Server & Documentation package from the Platform section of Marketplace.