Calculate variance percentages for different rows

CrispinC
New Contributor II

Hi

I'm struggling to add lines to show Gross Margin % ((Total income less product related costs)/Total income)*100), overhead as a percentage of total income etc.

I've tried using Getdatacell referencing the rows but clearly am doing something incorrectly since I get red cells. The formula I have used is GetDataCell(((CVR(Rev_Total)-CVR(RevRelCosts_Total))/CVR(Rev_Total))*100):Name(Gross Margin) where Rev_Total is A#[Total Income] and RevRelCosts_Total is A#[Total Revenue Related Costs].

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PeterFu
Contributor II

Hi,

Maybe it's better to create a Gross Margin account and set it up with DynamicCalc as Account Type. Then use a member formula to calculate the Gross Margin, 'Calculate the Percentage
Return api.Data.GetDataCell("Divide(A#61000:O#Top,A#60999:O#Top) * 100") - This is from Golfstream application.

If you use the Admin Tool to create the formula, you could easily include the formula to do the Drill-down on the accounts involved in the calculation. I would say that is a better way of doing it.

Peter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PeterFu
Contributor II

Hi,

Maybe it's better to create a Gross Margin account and set it up with DynamicCalc as Account Type. Then use a member formula to calculate the Gross Margin, 'Calculate the Percentage
Return api.Data.GetDataCell("Divide(A#61000:O#Top,A#60999:O#Top) * 100") - This is from Golfstream application.

If you use the Admin Tool to create the formula, you could easily include the formula to do the Drill-down on the accounts involved in the calculation. I would say that is a better way of doing it.

Peter

CrispinC
New Contributor II

Thanks Peter

aricgresko
Contributor III

DynamicCalc type account would be the best way.  This also helps to eliminate the potential need of a column or row override depending how the rest of the report looks.  Another added benefit is end users could pull that account in a Quick View or XFGetCell without doing excel math.