Charts

Andy1
New Contributor II

Does anyone have any experience creating a bar graph with 2 dimensions on the x axis? 

We have created a bar chart comparing Recurring and non recurring revenue by entity. 

Currently, I have both the accounts as the rows and and entities to be displayed in the columns.

The client wants to see the same chart but for the current month and two previous months for each of the entities. I have tried placing the T#Month(|CVTime|), T#MonthPrior1(|CVTime|), T#MonthPrior2(|CVTime|)  in the nested member expansion 2 on the columns but that does not allow me to have multiple dimensions on the x axis and only displays those three months. I am currently using the Chart (Advanced) component.

Any ideas are appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unless there is a particular reason to use Advanced Charts, I would suggest to use Bi Viewer instead, in combination with a Data Adapter of type Cube View MD. For most types of charts, is usually much easier and more intuitive to work with that setup, than trying to get Advanced Charts to behave.

View solution in original post

db_pdx
Contributor III

Two options:

1) In the Data Adapter Settings > Miscellaneous > Add Start End Calendar Time: set to True. This will give you fields of StartDate and EndDate which are real date values that will sort properly

2) Convert the OneStream [Time] field to a DateTime in a Calculated Field. For example: ToDateTime([Time]), this requires that the Data Adapter > Header Text > Time: is set to Description.

Once you have a real date to work with you can format in your BI Viewer component to your preferred format, such as, Month-Year.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unless there is a particular reason to use Advanced Charts, I would suggest to use Bi Viewer instead, in combination with a Data Adapter of type Cube View MD. For most types of charts, is usually much easier and more intuitive to work with that setup, than trying to get Advanced Charts to behave.

Andy1
New Contributor II

Thanks Jack!

I  was able to convert the chart using BI Viewer. I am now getting the chart I want. However, when I assign the time parameter in the cube view: T#Month(|CVTime|), T#MonthPrior1(|CVTime|), T#MonthPrior2(|CVTime|) it is now formatting the months in alphabetical order than than in order of months. Any further advice here?

db_pdx
Contributor III

Two options:

1) In the Data Adapter Settings > Miscellaneous > Add Start End Calendar Time: set to True. This will give you fields of StartDate and EndDate which are real date values that will sort properly

2) Convert the OneStream [Time] field to a DateTime in a Calculated Field. For example: ToDateTime([Time]), this requires that the Data Adapter > Header Text > Time: is set to Description.

Once you have a real date to work with you can format in your BI Viewer component to your preferred format, such as, Month-Year.

Andy1
New Contributor II

Thanks @db_pdx ,

Exactly what I needed. I appreciate the help with this!