Combine two cubes within one cube view

Ioana
New Contributor III

Hello,

The customer reporting format includes data from both cubes that are currently set up in the application. How can I create a cube view that results from a combination of the two cubes?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Cosimo
Contributor II

Hi Ioana,

Use the dimension tag Cb# in the POV for the cube view intersections. However, the Cube View editor doesn't recognize Cb# as a valid dimension tag (at least for my OS version 6.4) so I use an XFBR rule to generate Cb#Cube2.

In my example below, Column1 pulls data from P1Main cube. Column 2 pulls data from a 2nd cube called P1EmployeePlan where the XFBR call returns Cb#P1EmployeePlan from my function ST_ParamHelper>GetCubeMbrString.

The 2nd screenshot shows the GetCubeMemberString function that simply returns Cb#param value.

The 3rd screenshot shows that both columns are pointing to different cubes.

Hopefully, OneStream will eventually introduce Cb# in Cube View editor Member Filter Builder interface!

Cosimo_0-1652375071927.png

Cosimo_2-1652375468272.png

Cosimo_1-1652375288227.png

oanamihai
New Contributor II

Hello @Cosimo , is it possible that you share more details about how you  combined the two cube views? I understand that you are using some functions, but I am not sure how these need to be defined. Thank you.