Connector Fields

Oscar
Contributor

We have fields defined in our connector that are not mapped to a dimension or attribute. I need to build a data adapter to take data from StageSourceData and tie it to the table that holds the data brought in by the adapter so I can grab one of these fields that is not mapped (Location). Can someone advise what is the table name that holds the raw data brought into OneStream by the adaptor (before it is mapped to a dimension or field)? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

NicolasArgente
Valued Contributor

Hi Oscar!
Onestream would probably recommend that you instead link to those view tables : 

vStageSourceAndTargetDataWithAttributes

vStageSourceAndTargetData
Can you test this and see if you see your attributes in there?
Cheers

Connect with me on:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-argente/
If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.

Sai_Maganti
Contributor II

Oscar

I don't think the unmapped fields/columns are stored anywhere in OneStream but please double check with support. I suggest you map all your non dimensional fields to attributes so that they will stay in the stage.

Sai

Oscar
Contributor

Thank you both! I will check with OneStream as I was not able to locate the unmapped field from our Connector in the views mentioned in the first reply. Thank you both for the suggestions! 

TonyToniTone
Contributor II

The unmapped fields/data records are stored in the StageTargetData table.  However, it is recommended to use the  vStageSourceAndTargetDataWithAttributes and vStageSourceAndTargetData views.  All unmapped data records will have a ~ in the columns where the column headers end with T for Target

TonyToniTone_0-1664314262545.png

I think the OPs question was about unmapped columns to a OneStream dimension or attribute dimension from his source data. Your reply was more about unmapped data (no transformation rule for Ac 11080). 

Oscar
Contributor

Thank you so much for your reply. I shall revisit the suggestion again!