Create a dynamic CV (Cube View) Description

CarlosAlvear
Contributor

Hi dear Community,

I'd like to know whether it's possible to create a dynamic CV description somehow. So far, I've tried using parameters, substitution variables, and Business Rules (BR) in the description field but it's always considered as a plain string.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Carlos

CarlosALVEAR_0-1699525226188.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Manasa
New Contributor III

Hi Carlos, 

We can accomplish this in two ways: first, as @FredLucas mentioned, we can add the parameters/XFBRs in the description section of the CV component within Dashboards/Workspaces, and second, if you want to do this at the CV itself, we can attach the necessary parameters/XFBRs in the page caption section, as shown below.

Manasa_1-1699595080641.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

FredLucas
New Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

I don't think the CV description accepts parameters/XFBRs etc., when launching the CV directly.
However, you could achieve that by adding the CV into a dashboard and then, under Components -> Cube View, use the parameters / XFBR on the description field:

FredLucas_0-1699529818910.png

Manasa
New Contributor III

Hi Carlos, 

We can accomplish this in two ways: first, as @FredLucas mentioned, we can add the parameters/XFBRs in the description section of the CV component within Dashboards/Workspaces, and second, if you want to do this at the CV itself, we can attach the necessary parameters/XFBRs in the page caption section, as shown below.

Manasa_1-1699595080641.png

CarlosAlvear
Contributor

Thank you FredLucas and Manasa. For now I've tried Manasa's solution and it works. So far I haven't tried FredLucas' solution. Thank you both!