Create an intersection of two hierarchies in the same UD

MarkBird
Contributor II

Hi all

What would be the best way to create an intersection of two hierarchies within the same UD?

For example, assume these are Profit Centres in UD1. 

MarkBird_2-1713353626382.png

I would like to be able to create a cube view where by I could choose a node from hierarchy 2 and it will display the members (and the relevant subtotals) using hierarchy 1.

i.e. if you choose 2022 you get the following:

MarkBird_3-1713353945220.png

Thanks,

Mark

4 REPLIES 4

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

I would use one of the text fields on the UD1 profit centers to store the AcqYear and filter on that.  
Use a combobox and bound parameter or an input param to display the years, then use the parameter to drive the where in the member filter for the row in your cube view.  e.g. .Where(Text1 = |!pm_acg_year!|)

Another way to do it would be to create a stat account that holds a 1 in the year of acquisiton for the profit center.  Then use column based suppression via a cv extender rule: Is there a way to suppress a row in a cube view based on values in another row using conditional for...

Hey Robb, thanks for the reply.

The problem with these solutions is that the subtotal's won't be correct? So we'd have to create manual subtotals in the cube views?

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@MarkBird  -  You can also try XFBR based on the Year selection the sub total will be return in the cube or you can utilize UD8. 

Thanks
Krishna

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@MarkBird  - I forgot to mention while using the XFBR when you select the year it has to loop through the members and add based on the Prefix.

Thanks
Krishna