Cube - Use manual input as input to another column calculation

WAllison
New Contributor

In a cube view, how can I use a manual input value in the formula in another column?

Col1 Col2 Col3

EndBal Input Value EndBal - InputValue

Many thanks in advance.

Winni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I suspect what you're after are the CVC and CVR functions. Have a look at the section "Calculated Columns and Rows with References to Columns and/or Rows" in the Design and Reference Guide, which includes examples like

GetDataCell(CVC(Col1) - CVC(Col2)):Name(Variance) 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Henning
Contributor III

Hi Winni, apologies, but I have no idea what you mean here. May I ask you to add some descriptions of what you actually want to achieve? And a why, so that we can assess if what you are looking for needs a dynamic calc, CV math, stored calc, etc.?

A draft in Excel with sample data would help as well.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I suspect what you're after are the CVC and CVR functions. Have a look at the section "Calculated Columns and Rows with References to Columns and/or Rows" in the Design and Reference Guide, which includes examples like

GetDataCell(CVC(Col1) - CVC(Col2)):Name(Variance) 

Screenshot 2022-12-02 092552.pngThank you for the response but I am still unsuccessful - these are the details of the columns in case you might have any additional insight. Many thanks.

Manual adjustment column: F#RF_ADJ:V#VarianceExplanation:Name(Manual_Adj)

Column to subtract: F#RF_CLO:Name(RF_CloBal)

Formula in variance column: GetDataCell(CVC(Manual_Adj) - CVC(RF_CloBal)):Name(AdjRFClo)

WAllison_0-1669991101416.png

I believe you have to reference in CVC the names of the actual columns (i.e. Col1, Col2...). Name() is an override for display purposes, it doesn't change how the rest of the system references the columns.

It appears the true issue is the data in the input column isn't saving. The answer to my original question is this CVC / CVR function...now to figure out why the data isn't storing. Thank you for the help!