Cube View Column Overrides

MeganN
New Contributor

I am creating a cube view to use for a form template. The first column brings in data from a set of account members using A#xxxx.Base as the member filter for the row. On the second column I want to allow input from the user. So, on that same row I am trying to use column overrides to achieve that but having issues:

MeganN_0-1692746507361.png

• Using A#yyyy.Base as the member filter for the column override doesn't actually allow the cell to be editable. 
  • Using the base members in a list for the member filter allows input on each cell, but automatically fills in the rest of the column cells with the same number and upon checking a QV only sends data to the first member in the list. 
  • Can modify data is set to "True" for both the column and the row.

My question is - do I need to break this out and create a line for each member with the corresponding column override member or is there another way to do this? 

2 REPLIES 2

NicolasArgente
Valued Contributor

Hi @MeganN 

I am not clear on what you need to achieve. Do you need to overwrite the values in the first column? (so in the same intersation in your cube) or you need to add value to another intersection?
To understand better where you write and what needs to be changed, I suggest that you right click on an account in the first column and look at the "Cell POV Information". You should end up with something like this :
Cb#GolfStream:E#Houston:P#?:C#USD:S#Actual:T#2011M2:V#Trailing12MonthTotal:A#60000:F#None:O#Top:I#Top:U1#Top:U2#Mach5:U3#Top:U4#Top:U5#None:U6#[Premium Products]:U7#Core:U8#None
Now on the second column, where do you need the value to be recorded? If you want to record the value on UD8 Over : 
Cb#GolfStream:E#Houston:P#?:C#USD:S#Actual:T#2011M2:V#Trailing12MonthTotal:A#60000:F#None:O#Top:I#Top:U1#Top:U2#Mach5:U3#Top:U4#Top:U5#None:U6#[Premium Products]:U7#Core:U8#Over
Then you would you your overide on UD8.
Hope it helps,
Nic

Connect with me on:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-argente/
If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.

We decided to go in a different direction, but still curious how this might work. We wanted to add values to another intersection using column 2.