Cube View Dependencies

bjornliow
New Contributor II

I'm currently cleaning up the CubeViews available in the system that has been created over the years and not maintained.

I noticed that templates do not "run" when a CubeView report is generated, so this might confuse a user to believe that the CubeView used as a template is not actively being used. However, when deleting a CubeView assigned as a template, I will get notified that I can't delete it as it is being used by another CubeView.

I would like to know if there are any other dependencies I should consider when deleting a CubeView. Eg: is it used elsewhere in the system like a rule, workflow, etc, so that I can avoid breaking any existing processes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JakeSteinberg
New Contributor II

Hello,

The way I recommend checking for other dependencies is simply using the "Show Objects That Reference The Selected Item" button within a Cube View. Here is an example in the Blueprint Application:

JakeSteinberg_0-1696365353350.png

JakeSteinberg_1-1696365377808.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JakeSteinberg
New Contributor II

Hello,

The way I recommend checking for other dependencies is simply using the "Show Objects That Reference The Selected Item" button within a Cube View. Here is an example in the Blueprint Application:

JakeSteinberg_0-1696365353350.png

JakeSteinberg_1-1696365377808.png