Cube View: Use more Overrides

Colin
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to use more than the 4 offered Row/Column Overrides?

Here is my problem:
For a customer I have to create a report, in which among other things the sales figures of different business units (UD1) are to be seen later on an Excel sheet. Since, as far as I know, it is not possible to loop on an Excel sheet in a report, I wanted to create a cube view and list the different UD1s under each other. However, a dynamic calculation with the following formula is included:

GetDataCell(Divide(CVC(ColA, 1), CVRC(RowA0, 1, ColA, 1))):Name(%)

The value A0 should then be changed to B0 for the next BU. However, since there are a total of 12 BUs and 12 columns for each month, the 4 overrides are not enough. Is there a way to increase them? Or another way to get the calculation right for all BUs?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

chul
Contributor III

You could try writing a UD8 dynamic calc and use that instead or in addition to the overrides. There are many examples in GolfStream.

cds

View solution in original post

Omkareshwar
Contributor II

I would also recommend using UD8 dynamic calculations. If you have a cube view with a large number of overrides, it can become difficult to manage and maintain.

Thanks, Omkareshwar
Archetype Consulting

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chul
Contributor III

You could try writing a UD8 dynamic calc and use that instead or in addition to the overrides. There are many examples in GolfStream.

cds

Omkareshwar
Contributor II

I would also recommend using UD8 dynamic calculations. If you have a cube view with a large number of overrides, it can become difficult to manage and maintain.

Thanks, Omkareshwar
Archetype Consulting