Cube View Using Attribute Member

DamarisE
New Contributor II

Looking for some guidance with using the attribute field.  I think I found a limitation with using it, but I am hoping it’s a simple fix and not a legitamate limiation. 

Scenario:  creating a cube view where the first few rows are drive by account,  the next several lines are driven by UD4 and Account.  UD1 (departments) are driving the columns, except for when it comes to the rows that are driven by the UD4.  At this point we need to use the UD4, Text 5.  To do this, we created UD8 members that pull in attributes based on the UD4, text 5.

The cube view: Rows are the UD4 and accounts.  The columns are UD1 but we have row overrides for the rows that need to be driven by the UD4 text field.  The row override pulls in the UD8.  This works for the first few UD4 attributes being pulled.  Then it just stops after roughly the 4th parent member under UD4.

I can force it to work but adding in a column override (I don’t know why this works, but it does).  The problem is that I do not have enough column overrides to get the entire cube view to work.

I can also get this to work by listing out all the UD4’s in separate rows, but that would require some undesired maintenance by the client. 

Any insight is appreciated.  Thanks!

U1#xxxx
U4#Top:A#xxxx  

U4#xxxx:A#xxxx Row override: U8#xxx:U1#Top
Column Override: U1#xxxx:U8#None

2 REPLIES 2

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi DamarisE

It is a little hard to understand the problem, so forgive me, when I misunderstood your question. 

But why are you not just combining the PoV‘s members in the rows?

U1#xxxx
U4#Top:A#xxxx 

U4#xxxx:A#xxxx:U8#xxxRow override:U1#Top
U4#xxxx:A#xxxx
Column Override: Nothing

DamarisE
New Contributor II

Here there, 

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I agree, it is a bit hard to follow.  I struggled with how to layout the scenario. 

I did try what you proposed but it did not work.  It is because U8#xxxx is set according to columns, so the row overrides take care of that and its a different U8 for each column.