Cube View Variance Calculation Issue

Jennings
New Contributor II

One row in my cube view is calculating a strange variance and variance %.

I am subtracting an account member from a parent account in my Row member filter builder.  Dep, & Amort is included in my SG&A parent and I want to report separately.  However, my variance column and Var % calculation is off.  It is the only row having this issue.  Also, I am not able to get the currency presented in the row.

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Example CV.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Noemi
New Contributor III

Hi Denis, I think you are trying to achieve something like my example below:

Compared to your settings, I have changed two things - I have two columns, one with CY and one with PY and I use CVC for the variance calculations (you can do the same using only one column but you need to use indexes).

More important, I am using row overrides on the two calculated column (otherwise the row formula takes over)

Noemi_0-1689772362068.png

Please let me know if that works for you as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Omkareshwar
Contributor II

Hi Jennings,

Can you check if your SG&A account is setup properly as it isn't showing currency also BW calculations consider account type during calculation. 

Omkareshwar_0-1689686307600.png

Thanks, Omkareshwar

Archetype Consulting

Thanks, Omkareshwar
Archetype Consulting

I appreciate the quick reply.  SG&A is setup as an expense. 

Jennings_0-1689686830417.png

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You don't have double quotes around the GetDataCell and Name arguments, and that ampersand might be tripping things up. I'd try with quotes and without the &.

If not that, it's probably a POV issue.

Jennings
New Contributor II

Hi Jack, appreciate the response.  Thank you. 

I believe that I made the updates you suggested but I'm still getting the same issues.

Jennings_0-1689692853825.png

Jennings_1-1689692935709.png

Noemi
New Contributor III

Hi Denis, I think you are trying to achieve something like my example below:

Compared to your settings, I have changed two things - I have two columns, one with CY and one with PY and I use CVC for the variance calculations (you can do the same using only one column but you need to use indexes).

More important, I am using row overrides on the two calculated column (otherwise the row formula takes over)

Noemi_0-1689772362068.png

Please let me know if that works for you as well.

julia2
New Contributor II

Hi Naomi,

I am having the same issue.  Would you mind posting your solution?

Noemi
New Contributor III

Hi Julia, your issue is similar in a way that you have formulas in both the rows and the columns? And you would like the column calculation to override the row calculation?

In this case, you can use a row override on your column like in my example:

Noemi_0-1700211852711.png

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks, 

Noemi

julia2
New Contributor II

Thank you.  It worked!

Jennings
New Contributor II

Thanks Noemi, this worked.