Cube View row member expansion

Madesh
New Contributor III

Hi,

We have a cube view with 4 levels of Row expansions UD1, UD2, UD3 and UD4 (Currency). We need to add 2 more levels for UD5 and UD6. Is there any way we can have 6 levels of Row expansions in Cube View?

Thanks & Regards,

Madesh K

7 REPLIES 7

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi Madesh

You can use the cubeview Header Overrides section to define up to 6 nested dimensions independent from the nested member expansions:

ChristianW_0-1645628677683.png

Cheers

Christian

@ChristianW, does this allow you to select more than four dimensions on rows. I'm not sure whether that is what OP is looking for. I get that this one shows the header of the other two dimensions in POV.

For every level on rows (4) or columns (2) you can specify more than one dimension type, you are not limited to the selected one. But only the selected dimension type is dynamic and can be used with list functions like .base or .tree. As a work around, you can create a xfbr function that creates comma separated lists of concatenated members in a scripts and with this, you can extend the row level limit beyond 4. With the Header overrides, you can show these members in the header independent from the selected dimension types in the rows or columns. If you need more than 6, you can works with name().

I think (I could be imagining this) there was a limit on using an XFBR and an expanded list (I tried it once, and it was a ginormous list), and I got an error while opening it. Or it was something else, and I can't remember it. However, I'm still not convinced why someone will need such a big cube view.

I think they removed the limit some years ago. I didn’t test it with thousands yet, but I had quite large samples working. I‘m quite sure it exceeded 4096 characters.

I will test it next week and post my findings here.

Hey Christian,

Can you point me in the direction of a xfbr syntax needed to perform this task?  We have a cube view that we want to build as a planning form, and require 5 row members, each with a ".base".

Thanks,
Sean

The question still is why such a large cube view is required. OP, maybe those are pages, and you can make the user use the page dimension to select one member at a time.