CubeView: Dynamic prior quarter increase/decrease

DiegoRomero
New Contributor II

Hi!

I am trying to do the following variance to calculate the incremental balance between 2 Qtrs but the time filter doesn't work:

GetDataCell(Variance(CVR(Row8),CVR(Row8):T#PovPrior1)):Name(Incremental RWA EOP)

Row 8 is also a CVR calculated row. I have Quarters in columns, so need to do the formula as dynamic as possible. 

5 REPLIES 5

aricgresko
Contributor III

I think the first piece you should look at is where you have two calculated cells intersecting.  You'll need to put an override on one of those. 

DiegoRomero
New Contributor II

Hi Aric, can you expand a little bit more?

rjgoss
New Contributor III

It's a bit tough to understand what you're looking for without some screenshots, but here are some things to think about.

• I am assuming you're trying to show the variance between two quarters.  Is this supposed to be in a variance column?  If so, I would say to use CVC, but that won't work due to the second point.  If not, where are you trying to show it?
  • If you want the result in a cell where a calculated row and calculated column intersect, you actually have to do the entire calculation in the member filter Row Override (on one of the columns).  OneStream doesn't cooperate otherwise.  Therefore, you have to do something like GetDataCell [whatever Row8 filters are] - GetDataCell [whatever Row8 filters are, but with a different time period].
  • Can whatever is in Row8 be a calculated member instead?  Or a UD8 calc?

DiegoRomero
New Contributor II

Thanks both, here is a screenshot of what I am trying to do. Tried to simplified further more, to just need to lag row 8 by 1 Qtr, essentially the End of Period of Q1 should be the Beginning of Period of the next one. Row8 is directly calculated within the cube view and can't be added to UD8 as it depends on a parameter the user sets up in the Cube view itself.

DiegoRomero_1-1698869551652.png

rjgoss
New Contributor III

Instead of trying to do it off of Row8, can you do it off Row7 with a different time period?  That may be the easiest way.  It's hard to know without seeing what is in Row7.