CubeView audit report

Davide_Callegar
New Contributor II

Hi All,

Our external auditors are requesting an audit report showing all the changes applied to the cubeviews. I researched in the "application reports" but could not find anything that fits the requirements.

Do any of you have insights or know of any potential workarounds?

Thank you,

Davide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Honored Contributor

So, we know that there is a "Cube View Audit / Cube View - Updated" report. It doesn't show actual changes, but it's a start. Executing it in Design mode, we find it has a Data Adapter powering it:

JackLacava_1-1713863879965.png

The adapter definition tells us it's using a Dashboard DataSet rule:

JackLacava_2-1713864330472.png

Digging through that rule, we find it's actually using a Dashboard Extender rule:

JackLacava_3-1713864403084.png

Which itself is querying from table AuditCubeViewItem:

JackLacava_4-1713864427703.png

When we look at that table in our System/Database page, we see it has a bunch of fields stating when the change happened and who did it, but also "XmlData"

JackLacava_5-1713864472664.png

That's the state of the CV after it was saved at that time.

In order to show the actual changes, you will need to query that table, take the xml, and compare it between audit items. It's not trivial and will require some coding. There might be a Marketplace solution out there that could help, maybe have a look - I can't keep on top of all of them 😅

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Honored Contributor

So, we know that there is a "Cube View Audit / Cube View - Updated" report. It doesn't show actual changes, but it's a start. Executing it in Design mode, we find it has a Data Adapter powering it:

JackLacava_1-1713863879965.png

The adapter definition tells us it's using a Dashboard DataSet rule:

JackLacava_2-1713864330472.png

Digging through that rule, we find it's actually using a Dashboard Extender rule:

JackLacava_3-1713864403084.png

Which itself is querying from table AuditCubeViewItem:

JackLacava_4-1713864427703.png

When we look at that table in our System/Database page, we see it has a bunch of fields stating when the change happened and who did it, but also "XmlData"

JackLacava_5-1713864472664.png

That's the state of the CV after it was saved at that time.

In order to show the actual changes, you will need to query that table, take the xml, and compare it between audit items. It's not trivial and will require some coding. There might be a Marketplace solution out there that could help, maybe have a look - I can't keep on top of all of them 😅