Data labels in report graph

FlorisvdPoel
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I am creating a graph in a report. This report is a component in a dashboard maintenance unit and is using a simple data adapter linked to a cube view to retrieve the data. 

The graph is working. However, I would like to only show a data label based on a time selection parameter that is part of the data adapter. For instance, if I select 2022M11, I only want to see the data label for November 2022. Please see the screenshot for clarification.

FlorisvdPoel_0-1681373550167.png

So, if I select November 2022 (or any other year) I would only like to see the data label for November (I still need to work on the number formatting).

Is there anyone with experience in this and can help me? I have checked all the options but couldn't find anything. I was thinking to work with the scripts part of the report components. 

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Floris van der Poel

Floris van der Poel
cpmview
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jack, 

I found a solution using a workaround.

FlorisvdPoel_1-1683114964520.png

The data label changes following my time selection. 

I did this by creating two additional data points in the cube view feeding this chart. These data points get the data according to the time selector, and the month from the time selector. 

In the chart, I added two additional series that get their data from the two additional data points. Everything but the data label is hidden. This creates the effect of only showing the data labels for the selected time.

Thanks for your help.

Floris 

Floris van der Poel
cpmview

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't have a solution right now, but I can suggest a possible source of information about  advanced features of the Report component. If you go to the Marketplace and select the Platform section, then change the platform version to 7.0, you can download a version of the On-Prem Server & Documentation package that still includes guides for the old Reporting Studio - the direct predecessor of that component. It contains a lot of information that is still valid (and not available anywhere else) for the Report Component.

Fantastic! I will have a look. Will share if I got something.

Thanks Jack.

Floris van der Poel
cpmview

Hi Jack, 

I found a solution using a workaround.

FlorisvdPoel_1-1683114964520.png

The data label changes following my time selection. 

I did this by creating two additional data points in the cube view feeding this chart. These data points get the data according to the time selector, and the month from the time selector. 

In the chart, I added two additional series that get their data from the two additional data points. Everything but the data label is hidden. This creates the effect of only showing the data labels for the selected time.

Thanks for your help.

Floris 

Floris van der Poel
cpmview