Database update error. The wrong number of database rows were processed.

Sergey
Contributor III

Hello !

I'm facing an issue where I want to change the value in one of the cell of an SQL table editor.

The row is already there (generated via business rule), but I just want to edit a cell of this row. When I hit save, I get the message "Database update error. The wrong number of database rows were processed".

It only happens with this row that has been inserted by a business rule. I am able to change the value of all rows except this one. Also, I don't have any business rule running when I save my datatable.

Strangely, I get the same error message if I try to delete the row ...

Sergey_0-1670348645050.png

How to solve this situation ?

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The rule might have left a row lock...? If you're working locally, you could try rebooting the whole environment (Onestream and SQLServer). If not, sounds like one for Support to look into.

Sergey
Contributor III

Thanks Jack, you're awesome !

The error was because there was no primary keys, I have added an "ID" column as the first column on my datatable, and now I don't have this issue anymore. Something to keep in mind when working on data table !

Many thanks !

RafaelVidal
New Contributor III

Sergey, Jack,

is there a workaround if the table does not have a PK? I don't have the privilege to add one. 

In theory you could add one dynamically in the rules that retrieve and save data, although it's a lot of work.

One thing to note is that primary keys are only mentioned in documentation in relation to multi-selection; if you have that enabled, you could try renouncing that and seeing if it removes the problem.

If that's still not working, the only way is to contact Support and/or eventually file on IdeaStream.