Dependant parameters?

Sergey
Contributor III

Hi,

Is there a way to set up dependant parameters, ie. Paramater value that depend on another parameter?

The idea is that the user select a value  among a list in parameter A (which is not a dimension element), then the list in parameter B will be filtered based on what has been selected in Parameter A ( not dimension elements as well).

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5

Yes, you can. Just pass the value of parameter A to the call you are doing for parameter B. Parameter A selection (combo box) should perform a refresh on the toolbar dashboard (this is where all your combo boxes will be). Now parameter b will be showing only the values that are dependent on param a's values.

It's all magic. 

Hi !

I would be keen to have printscreen in order to understand how it's done 🙂 Since I'm using "delimited list", I am trying to apply your answer but I can't manage the expected result.

Regards,

Your second parameter cannot be delimited. It has to be a member or a SQL or a bound list with a business rule. 

Koemets
Contributor

Sergey, you can absolutely do that. Say, your list A is bound to |!Param_Numero_Uno!|. Then make the list A combo box refresh the dashboard that is containing your (presumably) combo box B with the filter as A#|!Param_Numero_Uno!|.Base. And voila.

Cheers,

Oleg

Sergey
Contributor III

Hi !

Do you happen to have examples, with printscreen? I am not using dimensions elements but just a "delimited list".

Regards,