Dynamic Calc overrides the is 'Invalid' Cell Status?

MarkBird
Contributor II

Hi

I am using a simple dynamic calc to hide an derived data. See below:

MarkBird_0-1698327894592.png

The code itself works fine. However, in cases where the cell status was previously 'Invalid=True' is no showing as 'Invalid=False' which is impacting the suppress invalid rows setting on my cube view.

Any thoughts? Or does this sound like a bug in the system?

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jack

Thanks for this. Unfortunately that won't work as I'm using the UD8 calcs to pull attribute information across all accounts on the cube view.

However, I did find a solution. On the columns where I used the UD8 dynamic cals I set the "Use To Determine Row Suppression" setting to False.

MarkBird_0-1698661417003.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to be proven wrong, but I think the result of dynamic calcs is never invalid. Even setting up a datacell object from scratch, other properties make it through but IsInvalid always reverts to False.

As workaround, you can add a .Remove(YourCalcAccount) clause to the member expansion in the CubeView, or you can suppress NoData as well as Invalid.

Hi Jack

Thanks for this. Unfortunately that won't work as I'm using the UD8 calcs to pull attribute information across all accounts on the cube view.

However, I did find a solution. On the columns where I used the UD8 dynamic cals I set the "Use To Determine Row Suppression" setting to False.

MarkBird_0-1698661417003.png