Dynamic Calc to Increase Column Value by 1

PFowler
New Contributor

Hi,
I'm trying to create a dynamic calc script that will increase this column's value by 1 for each member in the adjacent column. For some reason, my script is not doing it instead it is returning the same number 2, Would you guys be able to assist with this?  I'm trying to do it in a cube View. Thanks. In reality, I just need to increase each row number by 1 and I believe it may be possible. Ideally, I want it to be a Dynamic Calc over an XFBR. Has anyone done this before? Can it be done in the UD8 Dimension?

Dynamic Calc.png

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I wold look into CubeView Extender rules, or other CV-specific formulas. DynamicCalc concern actual data.

coneill
New Contributor III

This might help. I use a counting account called One. It is a dynamic calc account with the formula: Return 1. I use it in reports. I might report on entities E#West.Base and if I include the A#One account, it will tally the number of members displayed. And then I can have the cube view sum the tallies.

What formula did you use? Would I be able to see the script that you used? Ideally, I would need my script to act like a counter for each cell in the adjacent column.  It may be able to point me in the right direction. 

coneill
New Contributor III

The formula is simply:

Return 1

The account attributes are:

Account Type = Balance

Formula Type = DynamicCalc

Allow Input = False

Is Consolidated = False