Dynamic Formula Name within a Cube View

WillVitale
Contributor

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to have a formulas name changed based on what entity it is on? Currently I have a formula that adds up the intercos of a specific account but when I overwrite the name I cannot get it to show what entity it belongs to. I've tried a couple of variables such as |CVEntityDesc|, |POVEntityDesc| and |MFEntiyDesc| and all of them seem to just pull the WF profile I've currently selected.

WillVitale_0-1724352702093.png

This is what I was able to do in our Financial Reporting Software that I could make it recall the outer member to produce the name dynamically

WillVitale_1-1724352865310.png

Thanks,

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to solve it by changing the name on the level 1 filter using the |MFEntityDesc| substitution variable. 

Will

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

KarlT
Contributor II

What do your row definitions on the cube view look like currently?

Hi KarlT,

Currently my row definitions looks like this

WillVitale_0-1724428552264.png

CarlosAlvear
Contributor

Hi,

One approach can be to create a dynamicCalc member formula, for instance in UD8, that returns the value of the entity name (I suppose it's entity, to verify). This dynamicCalc can be called as 1st column using the ":V#Annotation"

return "Sum: " & api.Pov.Entity.Name

Then you'd have to compress the original 2 MemberFilters from the rows to only 1 MemberFilter to get the format as expected. If it's compressed, you can use the |MFxx| call

Good luck

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Yes, I was thinking of making another UD8, but my row definition is currently using a UD8 in the Row definition to pull the sums of these specific interco partners, so I don't think I can use 2 UD8s in the same member filter?

WillVitale_1-1724428686588.png

Hi Will,

Actually, you can. You'd have to change the U8# call in the row and move it to the columns. For instance, in the 1st column you'd use the new UD8 dynamic member (this is only to write the text as you want), and then in all the remaining columns you can use the current U8#CFC_IC member.

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

It wouldn't work out if I put my CFC_IC UD8 in the columns. The data just doesn't work that way. Can I make an XFBR or something to use as a parameter that could pick up the 

return "Sum: " & api.Pov.Entity.Name

you suggested?

Will

I was able to solve it by changing the name on the level 1 filter using the |MFEntityDesc| substitution variable. 

Will