Empty Column in CubeView

STDN
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have created a cube view and added an empty column, I am able to see blank at base member rows but here I am getting value in the rows of calculated member in the empty column, can anyone suggest how to get complete empty column in the cube view. Please find the below snap for your reference.

STDN_0-1703851918308.png

Thanks in Advance.

4 REPLIES 4

CarlosAlvear
Contributor

Hi STDN,

You could add the line below in the formatting for that column. Basically, the idea is to write using the same color as the background so it looks empty:

" BackgroundColor = White, GridLinesColor = White, TextColor = White, WriteableBackgroundColor = White"

You can add it as a parameter too, to make the implementation a bit easier.

BR Carlos

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can use column overrides to point those intersections to empty cells.

To be honest, do you really need an empty column? If it's just to space out numbers, simply set ColumnWidth to something very big instead.

To be honest, do you really need an empty column? 

A resounding yes! I think just about every report we have contains blank rows and blank columns.  Honestly, it would be great if there was an out of the box option for inserting blank rows and columns so we didn't need to resort to formatting tricks to make things visually appealing.

Back to OP's question.  I second both comments made by Carlos/Jack; we use both the 'color the data to make it appear invisible' trick and column overrides to set things A#None (so it is masked as NoData).

One additional suggestion: name your GetDataCell dynamic calculations consistenly. For example: Dynamic1, Dynamic2, etc.  This was you can use multiple column shares that always override these Dynamic1, Dynamic2 row blocks without additional work.  We actually apply the same to all our Blank rows and columns.  Everything is Blank1, Blank2, Blank3, etc so that we can use row/column shares and formatting is applied consistently.

Cheers    -db

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

@db_pdx wrote:

To be honest, do you really need an empty column? 

A resounding yes! I think just about every report we have contains blank rows and blank columns

That's interesting. If that's the case, you might want to go upvote this post on IdeaStream (which seems the most-visible in a smattering of blank-column requests). Although I don't claim to have any particular insight in the priorities of our developers, I don't think it's on any particular radar at the moment.