Excel Add-in Member Description using XFGetMemberInfo

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Karen Liau

How do retrieve Account member description when using Spreadsheet XFGet info formula?

4 REPLIES 4

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by David Baumgartner

Hi Karen:

Formula structure is:

=XFGetMemberInfo(memberInfoType,dimTypeName,memberName)

Example using my company's environment:

=XFGetMemberInfo("Description","Account","AC_400000")   = "NET SALES"

The syntax for memberInfoType is not readily apparent, but can be viewed in the Grid View of any Dimension.  To get there, go: Application > Dimensions > (select your dimension) > Grid View > Grid Settings.  You'll see the naming convention here.

Additional formula documentation is available in the Design and Reference Guide under the "Navigating the Excel Add-In" section, but its a bit sparse.

- Dave

Hello - Is there a way to retrieve an alternate description using this (or another) formula, such as a different culture?  I'm looking for a solution to alternate account descriptions in a file that uses XFGetCells.  Thank you!

Sorry to dig in the past: did you find a solution for this? We are searching for a way to setup excel files so that for example the account description is displayed on the culture setting.

Regards

Martin

RonnieKarpinsk
New Contributor III

Hello,

What does the formula look like if I want to reference an account in a cell versus hard coding the account in the formula?

This is the type of formulas I prefer since they are easier to change and work with.

=XFSetCell($E20, TRUE, $B$1, F$16, F$15, F$8, F$12, F$14, F$13, $A20, F$9, F$10, $B$5, $B20, $C20, F$17, F$11, F$18, $B$9, $B$10, $B$11)

Thanks,

Ronnie