Excel XFGetCell refresh is not working and data cells showing #NAME?

Sridhar_M
Contributor

Hi All, 

We are using XFGetCell's all the time in excel and one of the user reinstalled MS Office recently and he started facing issues XFGetCell. Please see screenshot below. 

XFGetCell function is defaulting to OneStreamExcelAddIn.XFFunctions.XFGetCell and this is causing refresh issue. If I try to remove the highlighted part the sheets are working fine. Any suggestions will be appreciated ? 

Excel-AddIn Issue.JPG

Thanks 
Sridhar 

5 REPLIES 5

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You should check with Support for this kind of thing. I suspect the issue is sharing the file with people having the add-in installed in different places.

Thank you @JackLacava
I'll open a ticket with support. Installation looks okay but I'll keep this post updated when I find resolution from OneStream.  

JShoemaker
New Contributor III

Hi Sridhar, did support get back with you on this? We are getting the same thing at a client. They are on a shared drive so like Jack suggested I believe thats it but curious on if they told you a solution?

Hi @JShoemaker 

No solution from support, but I figured the user is using some other Add-Ins which I think it is conflicting with OneStream Add-In. So, I tried below steps and it worked. 

1. I disabled all Add-Ins that user has installed except OneStream
  2. Restarted excel
  3. Opened his XFGetCell excel file, connected to OneStream and refresh worked successfully
  4. Enabled back all the Add-Ins that we disabled in the step 1
  5. Restarted excel
  6. Retried refreshing OneStream files and it was successful and other add-ins also working with out issue. 

Regards

Sridhar

JShoemaker
New Contributor III

Thanks Sridhar! Ill give this a shot