Excel "Save Offline Copy" hanging during Save

kmd
Contributor

Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced the following issue with "Save Offline Copy" feature in excel?

If the user has "retain all formatting" set to TRUE in preferences, the file takes an unreasonably long time to save.  During my testing of the file (only 684 bytes in size), I waited over 10 minutes for save to complete and it never did so I had to kill Excel and relaunch every time.

If that retain formatting option is set to FALSE, the file saves immediately. Interestingly it also saves with all the formatting as well - except for any 'superscript' font settings.

Same behavior seen whether using Excel 32 or 64 bit.  

Same behavior seen whether saving to local folder or onedrive folder

This makes no sense.  Really all the save offline process should be doing is replacing all cells containing XF() functions, with the resulting values. Right?  And If I set retain formatting to FALSE, shouldn't it save without any formatting at all?  This setting doesn't seem to be working properly, or am I misunderstanding the purpose of this option?

Before I submit a ticket to OS, thought I should check here first and see if someone in the community has run into this problem as well or can explain to me what's happening here.  Thanks in advance for any ideas.

kmd_0-1704456589940.png

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds like a local infrastructure issue that should be investigated with Support, please get in touch with them.

Thanks Jack, that was my next step if I didn't hear from anyone in the community.

Please sign in! kmd