Excluding a base member when running an XFGet at a Top member

CCI01
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a saved report setup with XFGets. One of the dimensions on the report points to the member "Top." Is there a way to have the XFGet show Top of the dimension and exclude a base member?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

aricgresko
Contributor III

My recommendation would be to create an alternate hierarchy that excludes the particular base member so this can be directly pulled in the XFGet.  The downfall to this is having to maintain additional hierarchies.

If it's just a one-off request, you could subtract two XFGet's within the same cell to exclude that base member.

Thanks for the recommendation on the alternate hierarchy. I will be skip that since this is more like a one off request.

I’m still new to XFGets. How would you write a subtraction of an XFGet within the same cell to exclude the base member?

=XFGetCell(xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,"Top",xxx,xxx,xxx)-XFGetCell(xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,"Base",xxx,xxx,xxx)

The key thing to note is that you need to full XFGetCell strings... you cannot subtract members within the same dimension inside 1 XFGetCell.  You can do that in Quick Views, however, using a GetDataCell (examples found under Samples in the Member Filter Builder).