Export a report to Excel Error - Unable to open file

GParreiras
New Contributor III

Hi all, 

I'm encountering an error with one user who is attempting to export a report to Excel. The download process is functioning correctly, and the file is being saved in the OnStream temporary folder. However, the issue arises as OneStream is unable to open the file automatically. It appears to be an issue related to permissions on the user's laptop.

Could not find a way to fix it, any ideas?

Thanks.

GParreiras_0-1709148187372.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

OneStream will invoke a standard Windows call to handle the file, i.e. it will push it to Windows and say "open this file with the default program for this extension (xlsx) please". If Windows does not allow that for whatever reason, the operation fails.

Chances are that the laptop is locked down a bit too much by the company sysadmins. You can investigate this with Support, but I would recommend to involve your local IT too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

OS_Pizza
Contributor III

Copy the file in some other location and try opening from onestream.

GParreiras
New Contributor III

Actually, I'm not trying to open the file from OneStream. OneStream automatically attempts to open it after downloading and fails.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

OneStream will invoke a standard Windows call to handle the file, i.e. it will push it to Windows and say "open this file with the default program for this extension (xlsx) please". If Windows does not allow that for whatever reason, the operation fails.

Chances are that the laptop is locked down a bit too much by the company sysadmins. You can investigate this with Support, but I would recommend to involve your local IT too.

@Jack, thanks!