GetData CVC function for rows

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

Hi All,

Do we have a function to get data from a row within CV? For e.g. GetDataCell(CVC(Rental Revenue) / CVC(Fleet Actual))

Mustafa_A_0-1644254214752.png

I tried using this method but keep getting a syntax error. Any suggestions in the right directions will be appreciated.  Thanks!

Best,

Mustafa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Just spotted you are using Column math in a Row.

LeeBown_0-1644259511581.png

You need:  GetDataCell(Divide(CVR(Rental Revenue), CVR(Fleet Actual)))

Also, consider creating a member and writing a Dynamic calculation if this is a frequently used KPI.

Lee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

LeeB
Contributor II

Hi Mustafa,

Try:

GetDataCell(Divide(CVC(Col3), CVC(Col2))):Name(Ratio)

Lee

Hi @LeeB 

I'm getting this error. Tried playing around with brackets and comma, but the error message still appears. 

Mustafa_A_0-1644258768727.png

Mustafa_A_1-1644258903434.png

Hi,

Just spotted you are using Column math in a Row.

LeeBown_0-1644259511581.png

You need:  GetDataCell(Divide(CVR(Rental Revenue), CVR(Fleet Actual)))

Also, consider creating a member and writing a Dynamic calculation if this is a frequently used KPI.

Lee

Thank you!

It worked. However I agree with your idea of writing a dynamic calc. We plan to use in multiple reports. 

Thank you!

SandeepSingh
New Contributor

GetdataCell_Divide.PNGGetdataCell_Divide_Error.PNG

Hi,

Can anyone help me please what i am doing wrong here. I want to use CVC where i want to divide Variancedollar by MTDBUDGET. Going by the above script its look like the syntax is correct but i am getting the Error.

Please help..Sandeep S

SandeepSingh
New Contributor

Hi

what i figured out is probably the problem was not in the syntax rather using a name "Variance"  as a column name. the moment i changed the column name from VarianceDollar to COL4 ..it started working. Not sure why but..atleast its working but still interested to know the root reason.