How do I show parameter options in a cubeview display ( see example screenshot )

MarkHoughton
Contributor

Hi,

So I have inherited a OneStream application and although I know how to build cubeviews, I cannot work out how to replicate the feature shown below on some of my existing application's cubeviews. The cubeview "parent" is referencing a row template to provide the flow lines and a column template which holds the parameter elements to select in this example the PPE Class. 

I am trying to recreate this layout, but try as I might, on running the cubeview it just serves a popup for the user to select the parameters, rather than docking it to the cubeview output.

What do i need to select, or where do i need to place these various elements in order for me to be able to dock it like this screenshot.

MarkHoughton_0-1680191133667.png

Thanks

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

t_kaplanis
New Contributor II

Hello Mark,

I believe the "docking" functionality you are looking for is a consequence of attaching a cube view that has parameters within it to a form template.

For your case this would mean attaching the "parent" cube view to a form template on a workflow step. Running a cube view with parameters from the "cube views" page will always result in a pop up requesting parameters.

Follow the below process to add your cube view to a form template within the workflow:

1. Create a cube view with parameters
  2. Ensure the created cube view resides within a "Cube View Group" that is attached to a "Cube View Profile"
  3. Ensure the Cube View Profile's "Visibility" setting is set to "Always" OR contains the word "Forms"
  4. Go to Application>Form Templates
  5. Within an existing "Form Template Group" (Or newly created Form Template Group), create a new form template
  6. Ensure the "Form Type" of the newly created form template is set to "Cube View"
  7. Attach the created cube view to the form by configuring the "Cube View" setting
  8. If cube view does not appear to attach, ensure step 3 is complete or refresh form templates page
  9. Select desired options for "Form Requirement Level" and "Form Frequency"
  10. Ensure the "Form Template Group" that contains the new form template is attached to a "Form Template Profile"
  11. Go to Application>Workflow Profiles
  12. Click on the "Forms" Workflow step which should display the new form template (Create one if necessary)
  13. Within the Forms Workflow Step ensure you have the correct Scenario Type desired selected
  14. Ensure the "Workflow Name" setting contains "Form Input"
  15. Ensure the "Profile Active" setting is set to "True"
  16. Ensure the "Input Forms Profile Name" setting is set to the Form Template Profile that contains the new form template
  17. Refresh the application
  18. The new cube view's parameters should show up docked when you click on the form within the workflow (same selections would be a pop up if ran from the "cube views" page)

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

t_kaplanis
New Contributor II

Hello Mark,

I believe the "docking" functionality you are looking for is a consequence of attaching a cube view that has parameters within it to a form template.

For your case this would mean attaching the "parent" cube view to a form template on a workflow step. Running a cube view with parameters from the "cube views" page will always result in a pop up requesting parameters.

Follow the below process to add your cube view to a form template within the workflow:

1. Create a cube view with parameters
  2. Ensure the created cube view resides within a "Cube View Group" that is attached to a "Cube View Profile"
  3. Ensure the Cube View Profile's "Visibility" setting is set to "Always" OR contains the word "Forms"
  4. Go to Application>Form Templates
  5. Within an existing "Form Template Group" (Or newly created Form Template Group), create a new form template
  6. Ensure the "Form Type" of the newly created form template is set to "Cube View"
  7. Attach the created cube view to the form by configuring the "Cube View" setting
  8. If cube view does not appear to attach, ensure step 3 is complete or refresh form templates page
  9. Select desired options for "Form Requirement Level" and "Form Frequency"
  10. Ensure the "Form Template Group" that contains the new form template is attached to a "Form Template Profile"
  11. Go to Application>Workflow Profiles
  12. Click on the "Forms" Workflow step which should display the new form template (Create one if necessary)
  13. Within the Forms Workflow Step ensure you have the correct Scenario Type desired selected
  14. Ensure the "Workflow Name" setting contains "Form Input"
  15. Ensure the "Profile Active" setting is set to "True"
  16. Ensure the "Input Forms Profile Name" setting is set to the Form Template Profile that contains the new form template
  17. Refresh the application
  18. The new cube view's parameters should show up docked when you click on the form within the workflow (same selections would be a pop up if ran from the "cube views" page)

I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the comprehensive reply, I had never noticed the "Visibility" mode before in the Cube View Profiles, so that has answered another question for me as well.

I was aware running it in CubeViews only would give me a popup and so had tried replicating it in a profile but had missed those additional settings requirements you have provided.

I will now test it fully and report back.

Regards

Mark