How to change the delimiter in CSV files created in OS

Martin_Gebhartl
New Contributor II

In OneStream cube views the features to either "Download Results And Save As A CSV File" or to "Download Results And Open" exists. Both features create CSV files with a comma as a delimiter. This is very annoying because when a comma is also used as thousands delimiter, so the CSV File does not get seperated in Excel columns correcty.

Is there the possibility to change the delimiter fpor CSV files?

Regards

Martin Gebhartl

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello Guido,

we added the the german culture to OneStream and switched the user to the german culture. When I now use the function "download results and save as CSV file" I get a CSV file with semicolon as delimiter!

Regards

Martin

View solution in original post

I see. Yes, as @Martin_Gebhartl found out, that separator depends on the .NET culture assigned to the OneStream user (in particular, the .TextInfo.ListSeparator property of Culture objects). US-English uses comma, most European ones use semicolons. Like Martin did, as a workaround @Guido_Wams  might want to create a dedicated user with the culture that suits his needs.

Feel free to file an IdeaStream post if you think this should behave differently 😉

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can't see that feature. Could you post a screenshot please ?

Sorry I forgot to give an update. Since we added the german culture (and changed the user to this culture), the csv export (available in the drill down reports) brings semicolons as delimiter!

Regards

Martin

Guido_Wams
New Contributor

Hi Martin,

I'm facing the same problem. Do you find a solution for it yet?

Regards,

Guido Wams

Hey Guido,

any chance of a screenshot from you...? I am not sure what you guys are talking about, so I can't help...

Hello Jack,

I was writing about these functions in the drill down result report:

screen1.JPG

Regards

Martin

I see. Yes, as @Martin_Gebhartl found out, that separator depends on the .NET culture assigned to the OneStream user (in particular, the .TextInfo.ListSeparator property of Culture objects). US-English uses comma, most European ones use semicolons. Like Martin did, as a workaround @Guido_Wams  might want to create a dedicated user with the culture that suits his needs.

Feel free to file an IdeaStream post if you think this should behave differently 😉

Hello Guido,

we added the the german culture to OneStream and switched the user to the german culture. When I now use the function "download results and save as CSV file" I get a CSV file with semicolon as delimiter!

Regards

Martin

Guido_Wams
New Contributor

Thanks a lot guys! Found it.