How to do metadata and Finance rule compares for SOX Audit control in Onestream?

Subha
New Contributor

How can we get a system generated report for version compare for metadata and finance rule changes? 

The question is related to providing SOX audit documentation compares to auditors as this a finance tool. Earlier in HFM, we used spreadsheet compare.

Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

db_pdx
Contributor III

Its a Marketplace solution (a series predefined Dashboard and Reports that can be added and accessed from OneStream).  Your local Admin should be able to get the solution added, but I've listed the steps below as well:

• Go to OneStream.com > Customer & Partner Login > Marketplace.
  • From the Marketplace, find the 'Standard Application Reports' solution.  Download the package (a zip file).
  • From within OneStream.  Application tab > Tools > Load/Extract.  From the Load screen navigate to the package you downloaded and import it.  This will add the Dashboard which contains the reports.
  • From within OneStream. Navigate to the solution.  OnePlace tab > Dashboards > Application Reports.  Browse through the available reports.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi Subha: the 'Application Reports' dashboard has both Business Rule Audit and Metadata Change Audit reports.  Check if these meet your requirements.

Cheers     -DB

EDIT: its on the XF Marketplace, 'Standard Application Reports'

Subha
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply DB! It is a new tool or software we need to download and configure?

Also I got no results when I typed  'Standard Application Reports' in XF Marketplace

db_pdx
Contributor III

Its a Marketplace solution (a series predefined Dashboard and Reports that can be added and accessed from OneStream).  Your local Admin should be able to get the solution added, but I've listed the steps below as well:

• Go to OneStream.com > Customer & Partner Login > Marketplace.
  • From the Marketplace, find the 'Standard Application Reports' solution.  Download the package (a zip file).
  • From within OneStream.  Application tab > Tools > Load/Extract.  From the Load screen navigate to the package you downloaded and import it.  This will add the Dashboard which contains the reports.
  • From within OneStream. Navigate to the solution.  OnePlace tab > Dashboards > Application Reports.  Browse through the available reports.

Subha
New Contributor

Thank you! Will test it you if it works for us. Looks like we already have this solution in our environment.

Subha
New Contributor

Thanks for your input yesterday. Found the metadata and rule update reports.

Is there a way we can get security reports ... I mean provision reports and security audit report (where I can select the time frame) ?

Cosimo
Contributor II

There's another MarketPlace dashboard called Security Audit reports:

Cosimo_0-1663339349017.png

Subha
New Contributor

Subha_0-1663340808993.png

I dont see them in Dashboards 

Cosimo
Contributor II

Subha, It's in MarketPlace. Look for this tile:

Cosimo_0-1663611849199.png