How to leave Column Headers blank

mreidTNT
New Contributor II

Hi,

New user here.  I have a report I'm building to show current year to date and prior year to date metrics, each with a variance column followed by a blank one as shown in the example screenshot below.

OneStream_Column_Headers.JPG

I'd prefer to see 8/22 - 8/21 below each Variance column.  If not, then just blanks for both Aug 2021 and YTD.  Additionally, I'd like to see nothing in the blank columns where it currently shows None, Aug 2022, and YTD. 

Below are the settings I have for Headers and Columns, respectively.

Advanced_Header_Tab.JPGAdvanced_Column_Tab.JPG 

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

molly_lvc
New Contributor III

Can you try adding a space between the parenthesis after Name? So that your member filters would read A#None:Name( ) and T#POV:Name( ). It looks like it defaults to the member name unless you have a space in there.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

molly_lvc
New Contributor III

Hello!

In order to show a blank column name, you would need to add a Name function to your cube view column.

For example, if your formula is T#2021M8, it would become T#2021M8:Name( ). Similarly, your view formula would be V#YTD:Name( ). It's essentially overriding the name to a space or blank value.

Hope this helps!

mreidTNT
New Contributor II

Hi Molly,

Thanks for your note.  I sent the wrong screen shot.  The one I sent was from a Revenue column.  Below is an example of what I have for my blank columns.

mreidTNT_0-1663875886645.png

Still returns the following names in the header spots within the columns.

mreidTNT_1-1663875973673.png

molly_lvc
New Contributor III

Can you try adding a space between the parenthesis after Name? So that your member filters would read A#None:Name( ) and T#POV:Name( ). It looks like it defaults to the member name unless you have a space in there.

mreidTNT
New Contributor II

That worked!  Thank you.  Only missing part now is this YTD.

mreidTNT_0-1663876713371.png

Hello,

I am not sure if this is already solved. But in order to remove the YTD in the third row of the column header, can you try to add :V#YTD:Name( ) to the T#POV:Name( ). The entire member filter will become: T#POV:Name( ):V#YTD:Name( ). 

Please let me know if this solved the issue!

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Floris van der Poel

Floris van der Poel
cpmview

Hi Floris,

Thanks for the reply.  That unfortunately returns the following error:

mreidTNT_1-1664206624624.png

I don't think it works b/c in this example, I'm using two different member filters that tie to two different Primary Dimension Types (Time and View). 

Assuming I can't have two Primary Dimension Types, is there a way to add a Nested Member Expansion 3?  Also, If I change Nested Member Expansion 2 to the View Dimension and use V#YTD:Name( ), I get this:

mreidTNT_0-1664206444800.png

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael,

A quick and easy solution would be to change the TextColor within the Header Format to XFLightBlue2 (or to the same color of the header background you have). Then, if you change the width to something like five, you create a nice blank column in the middle.

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

Floris

Floris van der Poel
cpmview