How to overview changes in EntityDim?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to easily overview changes in the EntityDim in terms of Percent Consolidation and Percent Owenership between periods and years? Can this be extracted in a prebuilt report or built in a cube view? For example if I would like to get a snapshot of one hiearchy in the EntityDim including percent ownership and percent consolidaiton for period 2020M10?

Thanks,

Fredrik

3 REPLIES 3

AndyR
New Contributor III

Hi Fredrik,
In a Cube View there are member property formulas you can use. Under the samples there are three examples.

XFMemberProperty(DimType=Account, Member=Sales, Property=AccountType)
XFMemberProperty(DimType=Account, Member=|MFAccount|, Property=Text1, VaryByScenarioType=[], VaryByTime=[])
XFMemberProperty(DimType=Time, Member=|MFTime|, Property=Description, TimeDimProfile=Standard)

Alternatively in Excel you can use XFGetRelationshipProperty formulas with potential property arguments including:
AggregationWeight
ParentSortOrder
PercentConsolidation
PercentOwnership
OwnershipType
Text1
Text2
Text3
Text4
Text5
Text6
Text7
Text8

Thanks,
Andy

rhankey
New Contributor III

The OS api provides functions to surface virtually all the dimension properties, be they generic properties applicable to all dims, or dimension specific properties. There are a handful of obscure properties that are a little more challenging to surface, but I think I have been able to get at >95% of properties. Those values can be surfaced into Cube Views via Dynamic Calcs as cube reports or surfaced into Dashboard Parameters or Dashboard Data Adapters, either of which can be surfaced into Dashboard reports or Table Views as tabular/relational like reports. Those are just a couple examples.

coneill
New Contributor III

As Andy points out, you can create a Quick View to surface the entity properties.

Another quick and dirty answer is simply to:

1. View the Entity dimension in grid view.

2. Display Parent Child Relationships = Yes.

3. Grid Columns To Display = Name, ParentName, PercentConsolidation, & PercentConsolidation + others

4. Try (Default) for Cube Type, Scenario Type, & Time. You may have to be more specific here, depending on your entity structure.