Hyperlink Options in BI Viewer

stribou
New Contributor

Hi - I am working on a BI Viewer dashboard and need some help with hyperlink formatting.  I am using a SQL data adapter to an external database which amongst other things, is fetching an internet URL which we are trying to display as a hyperlink with alternative text.  Ideally we'd be able to display text from an alternate line item but I'd settle for something static (i.e. "link").  Thus far I haven't found a way to display anything other than the link text itself and couldn't find anything in the documentation that references the "hyperlink" option under "Data Items / Column Options".

Example of current output:

stribou_0-1718981534027.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stribou
New Contributor

So I ended up finding a solution and it was actually pretty simple / natively available from OneStream - when converting a column type to hyperlink, you have the option for two data fields - the top controls the display value and the bottom controls the link value.  More complicated links can be resolved in the column options pane;

stribou_0-1718989982686.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, I am not aware of such a functionality within BI Viewer. Fingers crossed someone can point you to it. 

If not, this seems like a good item to raise via IdeaStream to hopefully get this on the agenda of the development team!

stribou
New Contributor

So I ended up finding a solution and it was actually pretty simple / natively available from OneStream - when converting a column type to hyperlink, you have the option for two data fields - the top controls the display value and the bottom controls the link value.  More complicated links can be resolved in the column options pane;

stribou_0-1718989982686.png

Henning
Valued Contributor

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Please sign in! stribou