IS there a way to set up OS to launch a PDF report (or book) from a Dashboard button?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Chris Briscoe

9/30/2019

IS there a way to set up OS to launch a PDF report (or book) from a Dashboard button? I searched but cannot see any? I understand you answer above tho.

2 REPLIES 2

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Nick Kroppe

You can do this one of two ways. The easiest way is to create a standard button component that uses the Open File navigation option. You simply use this to tell OneStream where to grab a file such as a PDF report or report book and then OneStream will open the file in a new screen upon clicking the button. You can have the file open in OS or outside of OS by defining this in the navigation arguments.

4babee14db239410c48b6dacd396193d.png

The next way to achieve this is to have the button execute the Open Dialog selection changed user interface action. With this approach, you can design the button to open up a secondary dashboard in a dialogue box upon clicking the button. The secondary dashboard will simply be designed to present the report component or report book you are looking for.

40cb2254db239410c48b6dacd39619d8.png

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Mike Dewis

I do this with a dashboard button that runs a data management sequence that runs a book using the 'Export File'.  It allows me to also pass parameters to the book as well as email it to the user(s).

Nick, does your Open File Navigation option allow for parameters to be passed to the book?  If so, your option might be more straight forward than mine.

Mike