Intercompany Report

Tahir2061
New Contributor III

HI

I have been asked by our Finance team to build a report that summarises intercompany variances to speed up the hunt for mismatches. We use the current out of the box interco reports but they want something quicker and easier to use. Just wondered if anyone else has used/built something similar ?

Thanks

Tahir

7 REPLIES 7

BeauReynolds
New Contributor II

I believe there is an intercompany Dashboard as well. 

Thanks yes I have seen those reports - they want something more summarised and take away the fun of hunting of mismatches!

Sweez
New Contributor III

Another option is to create a dashboard/ reporting solution useing the ICMatchingforWorkflowUnit method query.

Tahir2061
New Contributor III

Thanks sounds interesting - Is there anywhere i can find more info on that method query?

Sweez
New Contributor III

I would start with the Design and Referene Guide.  It does give a lot of info but enough to get you started.  In short, here it was it says.

"ICMatchingforWorkflowUnit This returns a detailed Intercompany Matching Report table for the given Workflow Unit and several other Parameters. The Parameters here override what is already set up in the Workflow Profile. Method Query Example: {Workflow Profile Name}{Scenario Name}{Time Name}{Plug Account Override}{Suppress Matches Override}{Tolerance Override}{Filter} or {Flint}{Actual}{2011M1}{Empty String or A#MyPlugAccount}{Empty String or true/false}{Empty String or 0.0}{Empty String or Filter Expression}."

Tahir2061
New Contributor III

Many thanks  I will take a look at that option!

One thing to consider is that however you build this, since the system looks at both sides of the match, you will get duplicate intersections showing in your report