Is it Possible to use Drop Down in Cube View ?

VENKAB05
New Contributor III

Hello Experts,

Is it possible to use Combo Box and let users select value from the list in Cube View Rows (Headers) just like how we do in Excel. 

I see an option called Cell Type which has Combo Box but when i try it, doesn't work for some reason. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

VENKAB05_0-1713539209006.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As others said, you can drive the parameter with a ComboBox component in a Dashboard. The CV itself does not support drop-downs directly on row headers; you can file an enhancement request on IdeaStream for that.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@VENKAB05  - You have to provide the List Parameter in the Next Cell. See below Screenshot. The Origin should be forms.

Krishna_1-1713540174404.png

Krishna_2-1713540238162.png

Thanks
Krishna

VENKAB05
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply Krishna,

This requirement is on the Row Headers, not on the data. The Metadata Balance Sheet itself should be a drop down which user can select..

1. Create a Parameter of Type "Member List", specifying which members should be available
    JackLacava_0-1713542406181.png
  2. place that Parameter on the filter
    JackLacava_1-1713542430280.png

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@VENKAB05 - . You can try to use the dashboard combo box by attach the CV and create the parameter for accounts. The users will be able to select the accounts from drop down or You can also try what @JackLacava  mentioned creating the Param in CV for Accounts.

Thanks
Krishna

VENKAB05
New Contributor III

Thanks @JackLacava . Using Parameters brings it up before the CV is opened but the ask here was to display members as a drop down. Like Balance Sheet in the below example, that should have a flexibilty on the row to open a drop down and change Balance Sheet to 19999 - Assets.. Basically i want this Drop on Row Headers after the CV is opened. Not sure if its possible..Just checking..

VENKAB05_0-1713782798618.png

As others said, you can drive the parameter with a ComboBox component in a Dashboard. The CV itself does not support drop-downs directly on row headers; you can file an enhancement request on IdeaStream for that.

VENKAB05
New Contributor III

Thanks Jack.