Issues Calculating Ratio using a financial and non-financial account: Revenue per Sales Day

julia2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue when creating DynamicCalc accounts that include a non-financial account member and a financial account member? I'm trying to create a revenue per day account that will use our A#SalesTot account and our A#IscSalDays account.  My formula is below:

Return api.Data.GetDataCell("Divide(A#SALESTOT, E#DRIVER:C#Local:S#Plan:A#ISCSALDAYS:F#EndBal:O#Top:I#None:U1#None:U2#Top_UD2)")

When I populate a cube view with each of these accounts separately, I get the correct data, but I can't figure out why the calculated account returns blank green cells.  Since I want to use the result in a dashboard chart, I can't use a column row math expression, which is how I calculate revenue per day in our other reports.

9 REPLIES 9

TheJonG
Contributor II

Hi - there should not be any issues with dynamic calcs that include Non Financial account types. Multiplication of a Revenue/Expense/Flow and a Non Financial should work fine. Can you test if the E#DRIVER:C#Local:S#Plan:A#ISCSALDAYS:F#EndBal:O#Top:I#None:U1#None:U2#Top_UD2 part of your script is returning a value by adding a row to the Cube View and pasting in that script? If may be that that intersection is not returning data and it needs modified. 

julia2
New Contributor II

Hi, I have a cube view with each of those accounts and the only one that doesn't return data is the calculated account.  

Maybe the value being returned is very small (since you are doing division). Can you right click one of the cells and click 'Cell Status' and see what the amount is? Otherwise, can you screenshot the Cube View and also screenshot the Cell POV Information of each of the accounts?

julia2
New Contributor II

Hi, these are the Cell POV's.  

SalesDays: Stat account

Cb#CONSOL:E#DRIVER:P#?:C#Local:S#PLAN:T#2024M7:V#Periodic:A#ISCSALDAYS:F#EndBal:O#Top:I#None:U1#None:U2#TOP_UD2:U3#None:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None

SalesPerDay: Calculated Account

Cb#CONSOL:E#EMI_US:P#?:C#USD:S#ACTUALS:T#2024M7:V#Periodic:A#Sales_By_SalesDays:F#EndBal_Tot:O#Top:I#Top:U1#TOP_UD1:U2#TOP_UD2:U3#None:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None

Sales: Financial Account

Cb#CONSOL:E#EMI_US:P#?:C#USD:S#ACTUALS:T#2024M7:V#Periodic:A#SALESTOT:F#EndBal_Tot:O#Top:I#Top:U1#TOP_UD1:U2#TOP_UD2:U3#None:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None

julia2_1-1722369099561.png

Only thing I can think of is that the account properties aren't set correctly. Is both AccountType and FormulaType set to DynamicCalc?

TheJonG_0-1722378490440.png

julia2
New Contributor II

Hi, Yes It's so weird.  I've triple checked it and I'm totally stuck. I can create it as a calculation in a cube view using the CVR calculation, but I want to put it in a dashboard.  Thank you for your efforts!

The next thing I would try is to log both parts of the calc and see if you're getting data. Then you can at least narrow it down to which part is the issue.

Return api.Data.GetDataCell("Divide(A#SALESTOT, E#DRIVER:C#Local:S#Plan:A#ISCSALDAYS:F#EndBal:O#Top:I#None:U1#None:U2#Top_UD2)")

Dim salesTot As String = api.Data.GetDataCell("A#SALESTOT").CellAmountAsText
Dim ISCSALDAYS As String = api.Data.GetDataCell("E#DRIVER:C#Local:S#Plan:A#ISCSALDAYS:F#EndBal:O#Top:I#None:U1#None:U2#Top_UD2").CellAmountAsText

api.logmessage($"Sales Tot Amount = {salesTot}
api.logmessage($"Sales Tot Amount = {ISCSALDAYS}

From there you can tweak some of the members in the script until you get data.

julia2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I copied in your formula and added the account to a cube view.  I looked at the cell status.  Is that what you meant by logging it to see if it returns data?

julia2_0-1722533922410.png

KarlT
Contributor II

Hi Julia,

In Jon's formula the "api.logmessage" parts will write the values to the Error Log (under the System tab) - so after you open the cube view you can go to the error log and see what value is being recorded.

Once you've resolved the issues you will need to make sure you remove the log message part of the code so you don't end up with lots of unnecessary entries.

Regards

Please sign in! julia2