Line Item Suppression on Planning Forms

rjgoss
New Contributor III

Does anyone know of a way to handle this situation while using a Line Item dimension on a cube view input form?

Let's say the Line Item dimension has 20 members.  Can you set a default number of Line Item rows to always show, say 10, but allow the users to add more as they wish?  I know the latter part is possible with the Allow Insert Suppressed Member property.  I don't know about the first part of the question.  I tried splitting it up into two rows, but the second row, which would be the one to insert Line Item rows when desired, doesn't display anything to click on and use the insert suppressed action.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@rjgoss - Is the Line Items rows should be always 10? Is those 10 are always change in time if so, based on any condition? You can try XFBR but you need some condition to trigger the rule.

Thanks
Krishna

rjgoss
New Contributor III

The idea is there would always be 10 line items showing and the user would use the insert suppressed member functionality to add more line items (up to the number of members in the Line Item dimension).  There isn't a trigger to add more other than the user wants to do so.  There's nothing systematic the base it on.  It also could be the user needs 14 line items for one account, 18 for the next and 6 for the next...

Thanos_A_cpg
New Contributor II

We had a similar requirement with 10 entity members that should be either hidden or shown on demand and we used the following workaround in v7.

1. We created 10 delimited list parameters with "Yes" and "No" on the display item and "No, :U7#None".
  2. We added the parameters on the forms via 10 combo boxes
  3. We also added the parameter on the row of the each entity member in the form.
  4. For each row, we enabled the Suppress Invalid data

If the user selects No, the parameter value will be No and the POV of the row will be invalid and the row will be hidden. If the user selects Yes, the parameter will be :U7#None and the POV of the row will be valid and the row will be visible.

Cheers, 

Thanos

rjgoss
New Contributor III

Thank you.  I tried this and the process does work, but I was hoping for something more dynamic.  Using the parameter approach for line items would become quite cumbersome.  I appreciate your help as the idea does have merit.

Thanos_A_cpg
New Contributor II

I agree that it is not as dynamic as we would expect.

I think that in v8 you are able to use a more dynamic approach. I will probably test it in a couple of weeks..

rjgoss
New Contributor III

If you come up with something more dynamic in v8+, I'd appreciate any more feedback.  I've been trying it in v8+ and haven't come across anything with the suppression properties and something like this.  Thanks again for your help.